Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can my newborn get my tonsillitis?

(5 Posts)
Missmac84 Wed 29-Mar-17 10:14:39

Just as my thread name asks.....

My newborn is 3 weeks old and I've just been told I have tonsillitis. Can my newborn catch it?

He's been really snotty and mucusy since birth but eaten very well!! but today he's not wanted as much food and when he did take his 5 oz finally - he threw half back up....

I'm going to try a smaller amount again in a few hours but if that doesn't stay down then I'll take him to the doctors xx

Missmac84 Wed 29-Mar-17 11:17:26

Bump

Realitea Sun 02-Apr-17 13:57:34

Yes it is contagious unfortunately. Can you have a look in his mouth with a light to see if they're enlarged / have white spots on them?

Shootingstar2289 Sun 02-Apr-17 16:47:23

It is contagious so possible yes. I've just got over tonsillitis (had it for over a week) but neither my son or baby daughter had caught it and hopefully they won't know. So hopefully it will be the same for you and your daughter. If she shows any signs, I would take her to the doctor so they can look at her. 😀

Twopeapods Sun 02-Apr-17 22:19:49

My DD1 gets recurrent tonsillitis and had it every 2-4 weeks for the first year of DD2s life. DD2 never once caught it. It might depend on if it's viral or bacterial????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now