Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bright red rash on one cheek

(7 Posts)
Flowerydems Tue 28-Mar-17 18:51:12

Hey hoping someone might know, sons cheek is roasting hot and has a massive red rash on it.

His other cheek's now coming out in a similar rash, it's not 100% disappearing but he's saying it's a bit itchy.

I'm really stressed cause we have a newborn in the house aswell. Should I call 111 or is it maybe just slap cheek?

ThreeLeggedCat Tue 28-Mar-17 19:27:40

Possibly slapped cheek. There is A LOT of it about at the moment. My kids' school is missing about half of year R and Y1 due to it!

LittleMissCantbebothered Tue 28-Mar-17 19:30:51

Sounds like scarlet fever. My 3 year old was diagnosed yesterday with those symptoms. Is his tongue pitted, like a strawberry?

Flowerydems Tue 28-Mar-17 20:05:08

No nothing on his tongue, nhs says it's passed the contagious stage now when the rash comes out so fingers crossed dd doesn't get it

Notsosmartagain Tue 28-Mar-17 20:13:11

Littlemiss did your little one have a sore throat? My 3 yo is covered head to toe in a rough red itchy rash with cold symptoms but Dr said it's not SF because his throat isn't red?

LittleMissCantbebothered Wed 29-Mar-17 22:27:50

Yes, she did have a sore throat. Would cry if she ate anything that irritated it, like citrus fruit for example.

Flowerydems Wed 29-Mar-17 22:30:51

Took ds to the doctors today she doesn't know if it's slap cheek or scarlet fever but he's passed the contagious stage anyway. Face was swollen like a balloon this morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now