We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Streaks

(2 Posts)
Georby Sat 25-Mar-17 08:34:44

Is anyone else getting really concerned about Snapstreaks on Snapchat and spillover into other areas in terms of effects on their children's health? It has dawned on me that the reason my 13 year old wants her phone in her room all night is in order not to lose a streak that she's got going with a number of friends on Snapchat. This means they often message eachother in the middle of the night so as not to break a streak. I've also noticed that my 15 year old about to turn 16 year old daughter who starts GCSEs in May is getting increasingly obsessed with some Nike fitness app and wants to do it EVERY DAY come what may. When I finally got to bottom of this, she said it was because she didn't want to lose her streak. OMG. Thanks Snapchat, Nike etc. Do you have ANY IDEA that you are encouraging obsessive, addictive behaviour among teenage girls in particular (who definitely don't need any encouragement) potentially causing real harm in terms of sleep deprivation and weight loss. Mumsnet community please help raise awareness on this. From a very worried mother.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 25-Mar-17 08:49:36

what are streaks? sounds very worrying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now