Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

End of my tether! What now

(13 Posts)
callmedizzy Sat 25-Mar-17 06:14:38

My 7 year old son started being sick intermittently since Novemer it had been 6 time up until this week, he has been sick every morning since Monday apart from Wednesday and Friday, he wakes about 5ish and is in intense pain wriggling around complaining of pain in his tummy, lasts about an hour, I have seen the dr and they have taken some bloods on Thursday and prescribed some indigestion tablets which he has been taking but he has woken again this morning in agony and been sick, we have been referred to peads team but appointment is not until 25/4 it feels so far away, he has had all week off school and I can't send him back til he stops being sick! Someone please help me, I am exhausted from lack of sleep and worry he is grumpy and fed up being stuck home! Surely this is not normal

LimeySnickett Sat 25-Mar-17 06:25:42

There are so many things it could be. Sharing this only because my son had a brain tumour and they seem to be routinely missed in this country: www.headsmart.org.uk/symptoms/signs-and-symptoms/

callmedizzy Sat 25-Mar-17 06:34:04

Thanks Limey, a couple of people have directed me towards that page, a couple of friends have also suggested cf as he has annual chest infections and asthma, to be honest I guess it could be anything but until 25/4 no one really seems interested I have taken him 4 times to see dr over the last 10 days with chest and back pain as well as the sickness and they just say mention it when you see peads, I just feel exhausted from it all!

hazeyjane Sat 25-Mar-17 06:37:58

Could it be reflux, and chest problems caused by aspiration? Doe he sleep propped up? Is the pain high in his stomach or low down? How is he with eating?

You, and he must be exhausted. flowers

CazP2013 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:38:07

Ask for him to be tested for coeliac
www.coeliac.org.uk/coeliac-disease/about-coeliac-disease-and-dermatitis-herpetiformis/symptoms/

LimeySnickett Sat 25-Mar-17 06:39:37

That's a long time to wait - I feel for you. If he's suffering take him to A&E and refuse to leave until they help him. Mothers are unfortunately the first line of defence...

callmedizzy Sat 25-Mar-17 06:46:43

Reflux has been suggested but the dr gave him antacids which should have stopped that, but he was sick again this morning, he eats loads during the day day from about 20 mins after being sick he is eating he complains of tummy pain he says the pain is one block down from his tummy button, we have lots of autoimmune deseases in my family. I would take him to a&me but he is 'perky' during the day so by the time I get there it looks like nothing is wrong with him.

PicnicPie Sat 25-Mar-17 07:03:47

My friends 7yo just been diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease since going toilet and diarrhea upto 8 times a day. It has just come out of nowhere. The docs took time too in diagnosing as he was fine at all times and was putting on weight. So frustrating for you. Wishing your Ds all the best.

Badders123 Sat 25-Mar-17 20:31:23

Abdominal migraine?

Holdbacktheriver Sun 26-Mar-17 06:19:47

Sounds very similar to my nephew who had gallstones. He has a healthy diet and is a healthy weight, a normal active 9 year old. No cause for them was found.

Not one for armchair diagnosis normally but the poor thing was left suffering for ages until one dr sent him for a scan. It could well be something else but an ultrasound is painless. Obviously I'm not a dr and your sons dr may decide the symptoms don't fit but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Hope you get some answers soon must be so frustrating for you and poor ds flowers

carries Sun 26-Mar-17 06:26:01

Coeliacs? If dr has taken bloods with coeliacs screening that may push for a quicker appt if results positive.
I second PP about going up to a&e!
You must be exhausted💐

Oldmum55 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:26:05

As others have said take him to A&E explaining the vomiting and the pain. It could be many things, some of which would require urgent attention, hopefully nothing sinister, but considering the minor injuries we see at A&E, surely your son deserves to be seen. Keep us posted.

AnotherTimeMaybe Sun 26-Mar-17 22:21:16

Maybe he developed a sudden intolerance to certain food? Either gluten or dairy or another protein? Would you remember if he ate something specific the last few days? Would you be happy to give him some basic low allergenic food for next few days to see how he is (with gp's guidance as they do know which foods are lower risk)

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now