Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

SCHOOL MENU BRANDS

(3 Posts)
askaquestionplease Fri 24-Mar-17 22:35:56

I noticed on the school menu that they have a few brands. I thought it was a bit odd as I didn't think they would be able to promote these companies but when I asked they said it was because they are trusted good quality ones which parents like.

The brands I am referring to are Harry Ramsden's and Birds Eye (the latter makes me think horse meat.)

Now if it said fish fingers from M&S I might think yum......

Am I on my own with this? Do other parents think these companies are fab or is this due to them getting a bloody backhander?!

Witchend Fri 24-Mar-17 23:11:47

On ours we used to have "home made...." I asked on more than one occasion whose home they were using to make them. They now say "freshly made" which I think is both better and truthful.

askaquestionplease Fri 24-Mar-17 23:22:47

Yes we have 'home made' pizza etc. At least they took some notice of you, I was just fobbed off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now