Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any ideas what this could be?

(10 Posts)
MummyOnTour Fri 24-Mar-17 18:53:17

8 yr old daughter has big red itchy patch on her arm - see picture. Any ideas what this is?

Pinniemummy Fri 24-Mar-17 20:11:33

Looks like ringworm. Ask your pharmacist. It's contagious so might be best to cover it until you can get it treated.

highinthesky Fri 24-Mar-17 20:15:14

I don't think it's ringworm. Did it come on suddenly, or has it appeared over the course of a few hours?

The swelling indicates a bite to me, although I can't see a point of entry. Apply some ice, administer an antihistamine and keep an eye on it. If it's worse tomorrow then see the pharmacist. They will either recommend a mild steroid cream or refer on to the GP.

MrsEricBana Fri 24-Mar-17 20:15:18

Yes, what Pinnie said.

MummyOnTour Sat 25-Mar-17 08:22:52

It's even bigger this morning!! confused

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Sat 25-Mar-17 08:24:58

Draw around it. Go to the pharmacist this morning.

spydie Sat 25-Mar-17 08:44:40

Tick bite?

I know they can cause a bit of a bulls eye appearance.

MrsEricBana Sat 25-Mar-17 16:05:19

What did pharmacist say?

MummyOnTour Sat 25-Mar-17 18:00:36

The pharmacist didn't really know but said keep eye for it spreading along veins as that would suggest infection. He said keep giving piriton. Thanks for all the advice!

Twopeapods Sat 25-Mar-17 21:21:24

Definitely draw a line around it to see how much farther it spreads. And if he develops a temperature take him to GPs as that's a sign of infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now