Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can I put oats and bicarbonate soda in bath at same time for chicken pox

(5 Posts)
Foreverhopeful22 Fri 24-Mar-17 07:13:40

I am so new to this help please

I have been up most of night with 21month old with terrible chicken pox mainly around genital area. She is in so much pain

I tried bicarbonate soda in bath last night for first time nothing happened it didn't seem to help but I presume you have to keep doing it

Can i ask I have read oats are good as well. Can I put oats and bicarbonate in bath at same time or alternate.

I'm using piriton and aqueous calamine and calpol as well. Her "bits" are so sore

Foreverhopeful22 Fri 24-Mar-17 07:58:34

Any one

billabye Sat 25-Mar-17 07:35:47

My DD started with cp last Saturday and I've put both in the bath at same time twice with no problem. The last spot crusted overnight last night so I think we did well. Good luck!

ceeveebee Sat 25-Mar-17 07:43:13

We used Aveeno bath oil instead, seems to work well as DS doesn't want to get out of the bath (he has had it since Wednesday, DD had it a couple of weeks before and was cleared up after around a week). Also recommend Pox Clin mousse which seems to have more of a cooking effect than the aqueous stuff

ceeveebee Sat 25-Mar-17 07:44:44

*cooling!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now