Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler bumped head.. please advise as asleep and not sure if I should take to doctor

(7 Posts)
unsureabout1 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:39:52

Just turned 3 year old DD slipped this afternoon and banged her head, she seemed ok following initial tears and consoling.
About an hour later she was massively irritable and then had an almighty tantrum of which she's never had before- literally kept shouting and screaming until we left to get in car where she carried on and shouted herself to sleep (has not napped since 18 months)
Slept through me getting her out of car and Onto sofa, does not want to wake up although is answering no.
Should I keep her awake or let her sleep it off in case she's just not feeling well or is it possible that she has a concussion and should I be taking her in to see a doctor?!
Don't know if I'm over reacting, just doesn't feel right

RunningMommy Wed 22-Mar-17 16:49:01

Trust your instinct. If it doesn't feel right take her to be seen.

cherrypiemay16 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:51:45

Definitely take her to get checked, irritability, sleepiness, behaviour out of the ordinary, all warning signs of a head injury. They may well just do some neuro obs and send you home with advice but it's worth getting seen. ED for sure... x

eliolo Wed 22-Mar-17 18:25:13

I would go to A&E definitely, head injuries aren't something to mess with at all! Especially if she's acting out of the norm for her. No one would ever think you were wasting time with a head injury! Hope she's doing okay flowers

unsureabout1 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:35:37

Thank you so much for your replies, she really didn't want to wake up so took her straight in.
Few hours after triage she perked up and could respond well, so they were happy for her to go home and have a good sleep.
She's a bit subdued this morning and saying her head is hurting but is much more herself so very relieved!

cherrypiemay16 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:30:02

That's good, definitely not a wasted journey. Hope she's back to normal soon x

cherrypiemay16 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:30:23

(Although enjoy the quiet version for a bit!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now