Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help chicken pox ?????? Or. Something else

(9 Posts)
Foreverhopeful22 Tue 21-Mar-17 07:19:19

My 21 month old was very out of sorts yesterday and this morning she has one random red blister underneath jaw. It's filled with fluid

I've striped her off and can't see any others she does have a temp. 37.5

Can you only get one chicken spot or could it be something else. Sorry I have never dealt with them so I have no idea whatsoever

zzzzz Tue 21-Mar-17 07:20:59

They multiply over time in warmer parts first (e.g. Under clothes).

Other viruses also produce spots. Stay home and wait and see.

Foreverhopeful22 Tue 21-Mar-17 07:26:07

Ok thanks zzzzz.

I'll keep an eye out, I presumed that there would be lots so I'm at a loss. I was going to take her doctors as hers ears are playing up and she keeps putting fingers in ears. So I thought she was getting another ear infection

Foreverhopeful22 Tue 21-Mar-17 07:58:19

It's been an hour and we now have lots appearing on torso !

GraceGrape Tue 21-Mar-17 08:00:03

Sounds exactly like chicken.pox. We have an outbreak in my area at the moment.

Foreverhopeful22 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:07:47

Gracegrape. My friend just said our area is infected at moment as well. So I'm off to pharmacy for calamine lotion . Oh the joys !!!

GraceGrape Tue 21-Mar-17 08:09:32

Look for poxclin mousse. Better than calamine.

billabye Tue 21-Mar-17 08:54:41

We're on day 4 and it's not been as bad as I imagined. Worst thing is being confined to house. I'd get some piriton as it helps loads with itching. I can tell when it's wearing off on my DD. Good luck!

zzzzz Tue 21-Mar-17 13:29:21

Keep her very cool, and lots of fluids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now