Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Eyes please (rash)

(3 Posts)
Chamonix1 Mon 20-Mar-17 15:06:06

Any ideas whether it could just be because of dd having a high temp?
Not sure if it's worth a doctors visit.
She's fine in herself whilst dosed up with calpol and visibly unwell when it wears off.

Witchend Mon 20-Mar-17 19:48:50

Is it rough to feel? It could be scarlet fever, in which case she does need to see a doctors.

Is it on the face? Could it be slapped face? (round the cheeks leaving a clear bit round the mouth)

Otherwise probably a viral rash and I wouldn't worry unless she's getting clearly unwell.

Chamonix1 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:24:36

It does feel a little bit rough. My friend from works little boy had Scarlett fever this week .
It's spread upper torso and started down the backs of her legs.
Cheeks red and swollen but it's not defined redness it looks like the rest of the rash. She looks red/orange and scaly.
I think I'll take her tomorrow, doctor said today on the phone it is probably due to her temp but to bring her in if it gets worse. Thanks for your advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now