Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nearly 3yo dd sore down there

(7 Posts)
NassauBeach Sun 19-Mar-17 10:02:12

She never complains but this is 2nd day she is complaining of it hurting when she does a wee. I checked and it does seem quite red and sore in the lips and entrance area down there. Could it be a UTI? I put a bit of sudocreme on externally (all I have here) but not sure if that would help. Should I give her some calpol?

Any advice? I've never had a UTI myself even during pregnancies so not sure... Thanks for any replies on this.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 19-Mar-17 10:06:00

could it be thrush? my eldest DD used to get it at a similar age, GP prescribed an anti-fungal cream which worked very quickly.

Fatfingeredtrade Sun 19-Mar-17 10:06:14

Poor thing.

Is it sore when she wees? My 2.5yr old DD had similar once she was potty trained and wanted to be independent about wiping, but not sure she was and so got very sore and red around the area.

Took her to the doctor who prescribed some cream and it cleared up within a couple of days.

BastardGoDarkly Sun 19-Mar-17 10:10:42

Keep patting dry after a wee and sudocreme, if no significant improvement tomorrow, ring docs.

Does she say its only sore on outside?

NassauBeach Sun 19-Mar-17 10:10:44

*Fat finger*- that sounds similar here. Probably something more like that.

Didn't know you could get thrush so young... not sure why I thought that. I'll check up on that.

Thanks for quick responses x

NassauBeach Sun 19-Mar-17 10:12:38

Bastard- she just says it's sore when she wees but she has been moving awkwardly when playing etc and I can see it's definitely uncomfortable for her. Not sure if inside too...

BastardGoDarkly Sun 19-Mar-17 10:25:58

Aw bless her, trip to the GP won't hurt will it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now