Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash on 4year old

(10 Posts)
Catsarefluffy Thu 16-Mar-17 19:26:05

Hi i Struggle to write so bear with me.
My dd has had a ringworm type rash for 2 weeks now she has had anti fungal cream with no improvement so I went went back to the pharmacy on Tues and she got a new cream . The pharmacy wasn't sure if it was ringworm . Since then it's getting worce and it's painful to touch or even water on it any advice would be lovely

shewolfmum Thu 16-Mar-17 22:57:17

Can't really see it in pic...could it be eczema?

Wolfiefan Thu 16-Mar-17 22:59:15

Really doesn't look much like ringworm from what I can see. No clear ring.
Eczema? Contact dermatitis? Irritation around some sort of bite?

Catsarefluffy Thu 16-Mar-17 23:54:14

Thanks it was a ring a few days ago but the picture is bad quality and you can still see it a bit

IwillrunIwillfly Fri 17-Mar-17 16:04:19

Is it just on the back of her neck? Any chance she could have nits? I know someone who had a sore red itchy rash there amd it turned out she had a small number of nits but was allergic to them/their urine. Unlikely i know but thought i'd mention!

Sunshineandlaughter Sat 18-Mar-17 23:02:27

There's a viral illness that looks like ringworm I can't remember the name of it but google ringworm differential diagnosis and it should come up

foreverlost Sat 18-Mar-17 23:11:13

I had ringworm before, it wasn't painful but it took ages to go away. I used antifungal creams for a few weeks. It started red but had changed to brown within a few days then took about a month to disappear.

It doesn't sound like ringworm if it hasn't changed colour and is painful (from my experience anyway). Changing to brown is supposed to be a sign it's clearing up.

Porpoiselife Sat 18-Mar-17 23:17:40

Sounds like it could be nits. That can cause a nasty rash on the neck and shoulders

Catsarefluffy Mon 20-Mar-17 23:47:29

Thanks it's now turned into pretty clear ringworm

Catsarefluffy Mon 20-Mar-17 23:48:09

Also checked for nits. All clear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now