Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Reliable thermometer??

(4 Posts)
maybeau Wed 15-Mar-17 21:50:49

Hi folks
When DD was born i got an expensive digital underarm (/oral/rectal) thermometer but I've never had much faith in it. There were times she obviously had a fever but it told me she didn't so i don't bother with it.
Then i thought I'd get a basic press on strip thinking simple might be accurate, but i don't trust that one either.
So now I'm wondering whether i should get one of those digital "in-ear" types?
I've been looking on Amazon but it's really off putting when there are so many reviews saying that they're not accurate.
A lot of people mention the Braun oone - around the 50 quid mark - but i can't pay that kind of money if I'm questioning the reliability.

What to do!
Any thoughts, ideas, opinions welcome!

SillyBub Wed 15-Mar-17 21:54:52

We have the Braun. My GP surgery has the Braun. The hospital use the Braun. Every thermometer thread I've ever seen on here recommends the Braun.

I think you should get the Braun grin

maybeau Wed 15-Mar-17 22:10:14

grinha! Brilliant! Should it bother me that people give bad reviews for reliability? Do Braun do an extended manufacturers warranty or guarantee (or whatever it is)?

maybeau Wed 15-Mar-17 22:29:13

Also, is there much difference between the various Thermoscans? Am I silly to buy the 7 if the 3 is half the price?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now