Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep warning

(4 Posts)
Tweety2016 Wed 15-Mar-17 04:52:40

There has been recent concern on social media regarding parents opening up Tommee Tippee's perfect prep machines to reveal the internal tubing and discovering that it is riddled with black mould.

I checked mine and was gutted to discover the same, so would urge you to do so if you currently use one.

There has been concern in the past over the machine anyway but this has recently come to light as Tommee Tippee do not include inspection of the tubes as part of regular maintenance.

Parents that have discovered this problem report their babies have had recurrent respiratory problems, most notably wheezing. This is the case with my own 11 month daughter, I was beginning to wonder if she is asthmatic but it will be interesting to see if she improves now I am stopping using the mold ridden perfect prep!

Tommee Tippee have released a statement on their facebook page encouraging parents to send affected machines to a freepost address as they are undertaking an investigation in to this. The comments are full of very angry parents and pictures mould riddled machines!

So..worth being aware.

FreeNiki Wed 15-Mar-17 05:21:21

A friend uses one. Will check if she knows.

Tweety2016 Wed 15-Mar-17 08:54:44

please do!

FreeNiki Wed 15-Mar-17 11:44:08

My sister breast fed her last baby for 6 months and then mixed fed.

She used the ready mixed cartons of liquid formula as she didnt like that the powder formula was teeming with bacteria. Add to that that the tommee tippee machine uses mostly cold tap water on powdered formula, she didnt get why anyone dared use it in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now