We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Intermittent diarroeah

(6 Posts)
kelzd Tue 14-Mar-17 17:53:31

My sons 5 for the last month he seems to have bouts of diarrhoea and painful tummy
Sorry if too much info but it comes out with gas like liquid. Sometimes like yellow bile type stuff
He has it for a few days then it stops and he's ok but it comes back.

What could be causing it??? Is t worth a trip to Drs?!

Thanks

SconeRanger Tue 14-Mar-17 18:01:39

Hi,
I've got the same thing! I went to the GP and he prescribed buscopan but it hasn't helped so I'm going back tomorrow. Will be interested to see if anyone has got any answers to what might be causing it

kelzd Tue 14-Mar-17 21:38:16

I'm wondering if something I'm feeding him is irritating the balance of enzymes and causing it to flare again. Like maybe he needs a break from something until everything back to normal..and I'm not giving it enough time before going back to his normal diet! It's soo frustrating.. Feel like he's never at school at the minute! To be fair he eats pretty well too! Plenty variety fruit and veg hmm

kelzd Tue 14-Mar-17 21:39:01

How olds ur little one? Maybe I should go to Drs just to have what's going on noted for future incidence if nothing else!

RNBrie Tue 14-Mar-17 21:40:49

My dd had this for months after she had chicken pox. Gp did a stool sample which showed nothing and recommended a course of pro-biotics which seemed to fix her. It's not happened again since. We used Optibac.

kelzd Wed 15-Mar-17 10:00:17

RNBrie how long did you give it for? And did it just not come back after? I think I might give that a go see if it makes a difference. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now