Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sudden but brief testicular pain - needs Checkkng?

(3 Posts)
oldbirdy Tue 14-Mar-17 16:10:28

Almost 13 year old son rang on his way home from school, his testicles had suddenly starting v hurting. He said he was struggling to walk and waited at a friend's house until I could collect him. He rated pain at 7/10. I was imaging torsion etc but he says it's ok now. When I got to him from work 40 mins after onset he said it hurt less and now he says it's fine (they are fine). I have a call in to the doctor, but while I'm waiting could it be sinister but only hurt relatively briefly? He says no swelling or redness but I haven't looked myself. He wants to forget it but I am concerned.

Oldmum55 Wed 15-Mar-17 00:05:32

Let the GP have a look, probably just a strain in the area but you'll feel happier if your son has been seen by a doctor. You can then forget about it.

oldbirdy Wed 15-Mar-17 11:39:28

Thanks Oldmum. The doctor said if it was torsion it'd be constant pain which was reassuring. Anyway he starting vomiting in the night and has the runs now so I think it was a referred pain from a tummy bug, if such a thing can happen. Strange! All pain now in his belly as expected, poor thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now