Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Huuuge tummy.

(5 Posts)
Amyaa Mon 13-Mar-17 11:22:55

My DD is one and she had a belly that is really out or proportion to the rest of her body. She looks like she had a baby bump! Does anyone else know anything about it? And should I go to the docs. She's not in any pain and is eating okay.

IamScarfaceClaw Mon 13-Mar-17 11:51:18

I read somewhere (on here maybe?) that at that age the kidneys are much bigger and push the stomach out?
My DD is 14m and also has a large tummy.....

rackhampearl Mon 13-Mar-17 14:08:52

My DD just turned two and she is really dainty everywhere except for her huge belly. Looks exactly like a baby bump like you said. My GP said it was because a baby's abdo muscles aren't thick or strong enough to hold all the organs in yet. Quite normal apparently smile

Wolfiefan Mon 13-Mar-17 14:11:27

Is she weeing ok?

OhDearToby Mon 13-Mar-17 14:23:10

They're meant to look like that. Too many organs in a tiny body. Unless it's misshapen or rock hard I wouldn't worry.

My 14 month dd2 old has a very cute huge tummy that rivals my 6.5 month pregnant one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now