Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS 6 itchy under foreskin, too tight to wash. What do we do?

(8 Posts)
CowLickBuddha Sun 12-Mar-17 20:56:06

Just that really. He keeps scratching at it so when we were in the bath I tried to get him to clean under the foreskin. The problem is that his foreskin is so tight he can't get under to clean it and it hurts to pull it back.
Is this normal? Can he work at it gently to loosen it up? Do we just leave it?

CowLickBuddha Sun 12-Mar-17 20:57:15

*just to clarify, he was in the bath and I was sitting next to the bath on the floor.

Girlsworld92 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:01:13

Been a similar thread earlier this year. Btw I share baths with my 6 yr old girl. Not every night but we have lovely chats about she's been doing at school and she always asks me what I've been doing and what her sister has been up to. It's cute.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/562828-phimosis-overly-tight-foreskin-in-5-5-year-old-boy

Girlsworld92 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:02:14

I'd prob go to the Doc incase it's got an infection which is causing the itch.

Kahlua4me Sun 12-Mar-17 21:05:09

Probably best to go to doctor in case it is infection as giarlsworld said.

Also, he may need to be circumcised my DS had same and had op when he was 11.

123bananas Sun 12-Mar-17 21:06:51

A non-retractable foreskin should not be forced, studies have shown it can be well into the teens before a foreskin fully retracts.

If it is really itchy it might be worth seeing a GP to check for thrush/bacterial infection requiring treatment.

CowLickBuddha Sun 12-Mar-17 21:36:14

Thank you for your replies! I searched for any previous threads about this but nothing came up so thank you @Girlsworld92 for the link. Very useful, although it digressed into a bit of a bunfight there was a lot of good information there! I will book a gp appointment just to check there's no infection and will stop the bubble bath for the time being to see if that helps the itch.

Girlsworld92 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:45:02

I only scanned the first page so didn't see the bun fight grin. Glad it was useful & hope your lo gets sorted x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now