Would you go back to the Drs? She's got a temp of 38/39 and Hugh heart rate (140-180 depending on temp) and a nasty cough. We've been once and the dr said her chest and ears were clear. The temp does come down to 37 with calpol but I have to give it every 4 hours else the temp for straight back up. She's eating and drinking normally and nappies are normal. Should I just wait for her to get better? When (if at all) should I take her back? I don't have any health anxiety issues but because my daughter is often sick I'm often accused of being anxious (usually wrongly but I'm starting to doubt myself!) - I therefore want to make sure I'm doing what other people would so I can't question myself!
Sounds normal for a viral illness. Good signs that the fever comes down with calpol and that she's eating and drinking ok. You can alternate calpol and nurofen if you're worried about giving too much of either. If you're worried though, don't feel like you can't pop back to the doctors. No one ever minds seeing a baby and providing reassurance. Hope she feels better soon, it's so stressful when they are poorly.
Thanks high - she's grumpy and bit more sleepy but otherwise ok. If I take her back to GP tomorrow does that seem most sensible option? We can monitor her HR overnight at home. No rashes except for one spot/boil which several drs have looked at and told us was benign.
It's nice to know someone else would say see a dr again though - that's why I posted - I thought she might need to be seen again just because the temp was trundling on still and she wasn't improving (but also not getting worse) and I'm so sick of being judged if I take her in ! It's only me that's judged btw - if she's sick and my husband takes her it's the right thing to do - if I take her I'm an anxious mum!
No uti which is good and we got the usual 'it's a virus'. But she's still got the temp this morning and is still asleep which is most unlike her. Very frustrating that I know this isn't normal for her. They said if temp still there on Wednesday to bring back. This seems quite long for an 8 month old! Will just keep a close eye on her today.
And now a rash! I've just posted another thread about this with pics. The little bit of thrush seems to have gone overnight with daktarin treatment (she always responds well to this cream) but she's still v v grumpy and not feeding milk well.