Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler eyeball

(11 Posts)
paris1982 Sun 12-Mar-17 19:55:41

Hiya - I'm calling the doctors in the morning just wanted to ask on here see if anyone's seen the same.

Toddler R is 3.5 and when I was inspecting his little face today (as you do lol) I opened his eyes up wide and he was rolling his little eyeballs around-on the side of one it's not a perfect ball it's sort of swollen slightly -not the red inside the eyelid, the white of his eye on the outside edge where it should disappear round the back. It's hard to describe and I probably sound a bit mental but it's different to the other eye. Will definitely get it checked out-I'm not on here for official medical advise, just wondered if anyone knows what I'm talking about? Getting him to the doctors if they say i need to bring him in is going to be such a nightmare after his pre school jabs shock I'll try and attach a pic . Thanks in advance anyone that replies

mortificado Sun 12-Mar-17 20:31:34

Your not mental!
I think I can see what you mean.
Like a white indent? In the top left? Or maybe it's just me? <goes off to examine mine and everyone else's eyes!>

mortificado Sun 12-Mar-17 20:33:30

Sorry, on closer insepection it isn't indented! (Sorry!)
I'd get it looked at just to be on the safe side, or could you pop him into the opticians?
Just looked at ds (12minths) and his is very similar confused

highinthesky Sun 12-Mar-17 20:34:26

You do need to get him medically checked OP. No one will be able to assess the asymmetry properly without a visual examination.

paris1982 Sun 12-Mar-17 20:36:02

Hmmm yes a funny bludge -opticians is a good shout, he hates the doctors and the bad lady that stabbed his arms confused

paris1982 Sun 12-Mar-17 20:36:13

*bulge

mortificado Sun 12-Mar-17 20:39:08

We all hate that bad lady 😉 let me know how he gets on and hope it's nothing bad!
Opticians might be a good idea & are able to fast track appointments if it was something that needed to be seen by someone else (I don't say that to worry you! Just from my past experience!)

sotiredbutworthit Sun 12-Mar-17 20:41:14

I'm one of the "bad ladies" - I'm hurt 😞! Seriously though I'd get it checked out!

paris1982 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:07:29

Oh no sorry grin it's coz we tricked him into it, he kicks off now whenever anyone mentions doctors 'well not me I'm never going there again!' Ah toddlers !
And yes will get him checked out, I've never seen or heard of anything like this before -so yes prob opticians first and see what they say . Thanks all x

paris1982 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:11:35

have you seen anything like this before?

paris1982 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:11:59

Sotiredbutworthit? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now