Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd on day 5 of tummy bug?

(5 Posts)
MyMorningHasBroken Sun 12-Mar-17 16:11:37

DD1 (7) was sick on Tuesday and was better by Wednesday evening. DD2 started with tummy aches and was sick Wednesday. It's now Sunday and although there hasn't been any more sickness, she won't eat anything and still has tummy aches. She tired and doesn't want to do anything. Neither of them had any diarrhoea, Just twice of being sick.
She is drinking and has been for wees but nothing else. I'm not too worried about dehydration as she seems to be drinking and not any diarrhoea or more sickness but wondering why she is still getting tummy aches and not eating.
She won't even eat chocolate sad

MyMorningHasBroken Sun 12-Mar-17 16:12:41

dd2 is 5 btw

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Sun 12-Mar-17 16:18:16

I find icelollies quite good for helping with hydration post sickness. Proper just dilute squash type lollies not icecream and chocolate on a stick. They stop gulping and shocking the tummy risking further sickness bouts and offer variety on remembering to sip.

My next stage is toast, no crusts cut into very thin strips. Once toast has stayed in the system for a few hours small amounts of other food in moderation like smooth soup, plain pasta and build up from there.

Could tummy grumbles be misinterpreted hunger pains at this stage.

MyMorningHasBroken Sun 12-Mar-17 16:24:20

Thank you Flouncing, very true. I've tried toast, she didn't want that. I'll try and get some lollies tomorrow.

fannydaggerz Sun 12-Mar-17 16:25:05

Crisps to nibble on and Ice lollies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now