Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ADHD medikinet XL advise

(1 Post)
MrsC09 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:40:33

My 6 year old son had been taking medikinet XL 10mg (slow release) for 2 weeks. During this time his behaviour has definitely worsened. His attention span in class has improved somewhat (and behaviour at school is fine) but his home behaviour is a lot worse. He is very emotional, defiant and argumentative. A lot more so than usual. He has had headaches (which they did warn us about) and seems to be complaining about sore legs as well. He is a lot more sensitive than usual - things that he used to ignore/brush off now cause an emotional outburst (like his sister teasing him etc). He has his good moments too so it's not all bad but it seems that when it is bad it's a lot worse than it used to be.

I spoke to the ADHD nurse about my concerns earlier in the week but she suggested we wait until after the weekend to discuss further.

I would like to hear if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms on this medication and whether it gets better with time or if I should push them to try his on something else. It breaks my heart to see him like this.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now