Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

1 year old has a sore wrist!

(5 Posts)
dkilgore89 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:04:02

hi my 14 month old has a sore wrist i was changing him tonight and when i put bending his wrist to put his pjs on he squealed the last few days he cries when he crawls hes been really clingy and wont let me hold his hands to help him walk which he usually loves he crys and crys and im only just realising that somethings wrong it doesnt look swollen bruised or red or anything could it still be a fracture looks like maybe a trip to a&e in the morning but just wanted to see of any of you had any experiences with your little ones? x

FacelikeaBagofHammers Thu 09-Mar-17 21:05:37

Could it be his elbow? A pulled elbow in young kids is really common. They are also really bad at localizing pain.

dkilgore89 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:20:31

oh really im not sure it was when i was bending his wrist i dnt no how he cud of hurt his elbow because he isnt walking or anything or standing even x

PetalMettle Thu 09-Mar-17 21:21:57

They can get pulled elbows if you hold them up by the arms

Witchend Thu 09-Mar-17 22:23:32

I would get him checked out.
When ds fractured his wrist it really didn't show except he occasionally chose to do something with his other hand when he wouldn't normally. Wasn't even noticeably swelled or anything.
I took him to A&E a week later when he did something and I saw him wince. He hadn't complained in all that time-and as an active 8yo was doing all sorts of things-one friend told me her ds was doing monkey bars without apparently being a problem when he'd fractured his wrist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now