Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

strange lump!

(4 Posts)
zoeylou901 Thu 09-Mar-17 10:13:46

hey new to this website! About 4 days ago my little girl who is 4 was complaining of neck pain then on the 2nd day she wakes up with a rather large swollen neck on her right side and temp 38.8 got into the doctors and they checked over said all ears and mouth was fine no inflamed and said come back 2 days later if still there so i ended up taking her back just a day later as temp still hadnt gone down and still in pain and still swollen neck and i was worried seen a different doctor and they just said it was viral come back after the weekend if still there, i wasnt happy with this. so this morning my little one woke up in pain and still swollen maybe even bigger and now can barely move her head/neck her temp has come down sightly am i just being a over worried mum.? any advice welcome smile

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Thu 09-Mar-17 14:38:50

No I don't think you are being over worried but it's also hard to tell. Lymph nodes can swell up with a virus and can take a couple of weeks to go down. However neck swellings can also indicate other problems such as an abscess and infection. I would get another opinion and if she's on a lot of pain and unable to move her neck I would phone 111 or go to a&e.

It's hard to tell without seeing it. How is she?

Witchend Thu 09-Mar-17 22:40:52

Has she had her mumps jab? Even if she has it doesn't always take, so worth asking.

shewolfmum Thu 09-Mar-17 23:43:38

Yes could be mumps

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: