Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is it more than just a bug?

(4 Posts)
LONC2012 Wed 08-Mar-17 00:24:40

Hi all,

My DS aged 4 nearly 5 started complaining of tummy ache on Sunday. It sort of came and went, he was still eating and drinking as normal and using the toilet regularly. Yesterday when I got him from school he said his tummy hurt and that he had a headache (never complained of one before). He looked washed out and I just put it down to tiredness and the fact he doesn't eat well at school. He had an early night, woke up once saying his head was hurting but went back to sleep.
He woke up this morning in a bad mood, said his tummy hurt and he didn't want to go to school, he had his breakfast and did his normal morning routine so I said he had to go to school and that I would go get him if he didn't feel well and to tell someone if he had a bad tummy.

I picked him up at home time and asked if he was okay and he said no my tummy still hurts. Said he told a dinner lady and a class ta but they didn't listen.

He has been okay this evening again the tummy ache just came and went. Then he woke up around 11 saying his tummy was hurting, I told him to try get back to sleep and it would feel better in the morning. He was then sick. I cleaned him up and put him in bed with me and since then he woke again with tummy ache, went to the loo as he said he needed a poo but it wouldn't come on. He bent over holding his tummy as it was hurting and shortly after he vomited again.

He is now asleep again and I'm on tenterhooks waiting for round 3. I'm worrying that it might be more than a bug as the pain started a few days ago.

I have made him a GP appointment today for next week to get the tummy pains checked out and he has been really tired lately but now he has committed understandably I'm worrying quite a bit!

Somerville Wed 08-Mar-17 00:28:11

Forty eight hours of a dodgy stomach in the run up to norovirus type thing is quite normal for my kids.

IwillrunIwillfly Fri 10-Mar-17 15:44:10

Could he be constipated?

LONC2012 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:51:16

He his had gastroenteritis - was very poorly and had horrendous tummy cramps but much better today and make to his active little self smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now