Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Laryngomalacia, and failed newborn hearing test

(3 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Tue 07-Mar-17 15:26:00

My baby boy was admitted to hospital with Laryngomalacia. We have been there since he was a week old he's now 5 weeks we were aloud home on Sunday.
While we were there he had his newborn hearing test but they couldn't get a response. The problem is my eldest son is mild - mod deaf so its always though the pregnancy been a worry. They did a partial abr brain response test which couldn't rule out mild -mod loss. I've up until now put it to the back of my mind but now we have had a letter home about it I'm feeling sad for my baby. His eldest brother mostly copes, he wears hearing aids but has to have a radio mike at school and lately not concentrating In lessons. Can anyone offer me any wise words

RedAndYellowPeppers Tue 07-Mar-17 15:34:13

Bumping for you in the hope that someone else will be able to help.

Sunshineandlaughter Tue 21-Mar-17 22:34:11

My lo had mild largynomalacia which she's now grown out of at 8 months. Does make them more prone to suffering during respiratory infections but generally sounds worse than it is. If it's really bad they can operate - will they do so with your lo? Loads of babies also have reflux with it so hopefully you are on reflux meds too?

Sorry no experience on the hearing side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now