Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is this rash on ds?

(8 Posts)
Trinpy Mon 06-Mar-17 20:13:03

Ds2 (almost 1yo) has been very snotty and grumpy with a slight fever for most of last week. I thought he was getting better on Saturday then on Sunday he came out in a viral-looking rash on his arms and legs and a bit around his nappy area. Today he has spots around his mouth including 2 blisters type spots on his bottom lip and the rash on his groin and bums has got really red and angry looking. I've included pics but they're not very clear because he's so wriggly. Has anyone seen a rash like this before?

Also possibly relevant - Ds1 currently has croup sad.

IwillrunIwillfly Mon 06-Mar-17 20:19:21

Maybe hand foot and mouth?

Trinpy Mon 06-Mar-17 20:22:37

I don't think so because he doesn't have any spots/blisters on the palms of his hands or the soles of his feet. And the rash is all the way up his arms and legs.

shewolfmum Mon 06-Mar-17 22:52:08

We had this...think hand foot and mouth although only had around mouth. Looks the same.

INeedNewShoes Mon 06-Mar-17 22:54:24

It could be a mild food allergy/intolerance. I spent my childhood with very sore skin around my mouth. It wasn't until I was living alone that I realised that it was caused by eating soya.

Ankleswingers Mon 06-Mar-17 22:56:33

Looks like h, f and m to me.

My DS had it and it looked like this.

You can get varying degrees of it. My DS had it particularly bad and it covered his entire body.

BarbarianMum Tue 07-Mar-17 09:10:42

Hand, foot and mouth. Ds2 had rashy legs and feet with it, a couple on hands and nothing in mouth. Doc said it varies.

Trinpy Tue 07-Mar-17 16:26:36

Thank you everyone for your replies.

DH took him to the Dr's today - gp didn't know what it was. There are little spots on the palms of his hands now and some of the older spots are turning into blisters so I think you are all right and it is hf&m

We all had it in October as well sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now