Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Daughter keeps turning her ankle

(4 Posts)
mightyducks Mon 06-Mar-17 10:45:53

Any advice anyone? Daughter is a keen netballer but over the past year has turned her ankle about 3 times, causing lots of pain, missed school etc. The coach has advised an ankle brace but other things I've read advise against them. She just seems to have a weakness in them and my husband wants her to stop playing which she really doesn't want to do. It's proving very frustrating for all of us, thanks for any advice

Okite Mon 06-Mar-17 10:50:14

I wonder if she shows any signs of hypermobility? My DD has it and her ankles and knees are particularly lax so she can easily go over on her ankles. Might be worth looking into. My DD has physio exercises to strengthen her muscles to compensate for loose tendons.

mightyducks Mon 06-Mar-17 15:01:53

Hi no other signs of hypermobility but I am will look into it. My son has it in his arms so could well be a possibility, thanks for that. Did you get the pysio through the doctor?

Okite Mon 06-Mar-17 15:10:32

Yes, GP did the beighton score on her, then referred her to physio and orthotics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now