Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Not eating after 12 month vaccinations?

(4 Posts)
Skatingonthinice16 Thu 02-Mar-17 08:13:50

My dd hadber vaccines on Monday. She was ok Monday but Tuesday wouldn't walk much and got a localised reaction on her legs.
However since then she's barely eaten. Even stuff she usually loves like strawberries and raspberries. She just pulls a face and drops them on the floor. Nor wil she drink juice or water. She will only have milk.
Is this normal? Should I worry? She seems fine apart from this. Usually she has a good appetite and will eat pretty much anything.

IamScarfaceClaw Thu 02-Mar-17 20:20:14

Funnily enough I came on to post a very similar thread.
My DD had her 12month vaccinations on Thursday, she vomited that evening and a few times since, is very wobbly and is not eating at all! I phoned nhs direct earlier today and they advised that as long as they are getting plenty of fluid not to worry too much hmm
Is it possibly a sickness bug picked up from health centre/gp?

Call NHS direct or OOT if you are worried, there will then be a record if you need to take her to GP.

IamScarfaceClaw Thu 02-Mar-17 20:21:28

Also does she have a temperature? The OOT nurse had me check DDs temp....

Skatingonthinice16 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:25:33

No she hasn't got a temperature. She just hasn't got any appetite. She is drinking plenty of milk but just no interest in food. She has been a bit better this evening than she was this morning so hopefully it is just a short lived thing.

I do know of a couple of babies who have been sick after this set of vaccinations so it is probably related. It's so hard when they can't tell you how they are feeling isn't it?
And I know the Drs say it's all fine etc but being vaccinated against 11 things at once is bound to cause some side effects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now