Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yr old spiking temps at night

(6 Posts)
brummiesue Tue 28-Feb-17 22:12:27

Hi my little boy was poorly 2 weeks ago (temp 40+, vomitting, confusion and rigors) he was diagnosed with an UTI and given abx, subsequent urinalysis was negative for infection. Since then he has been spiking temps on and off all night, as high as 40 again. They all react well to calpol/nurofen but he wakes screaming that hes poorly. Been to docs who have ruled out ear/throat/chest/urine problems and we are having bloods done on him tmrw. Does anyone have any advice/guidance/opinions? We are worried sick

Ilikethenamesadie Tue 28-Feb-17 23:12:49

Could it be nightmares causing night sweats?

brummiesue Tue 28-Feb-17 23:22:32

No he is literally waking screaming that he feels poorly, temp is generally 39+ and he has been vomitting as wellsad

MiniMaxi Tue 28-Feb-17 23:31:01

Sorry to hear he's not well. Similar happened to me as a result of a post C section UTI - can happen if infection spreads to kidneys I believe so he may need more / different antibiotics. It's good you're getting bloods done. Make sure they specifically rule out sepsis, to be on the safe side.

Hope he feels better soon.

MiniMaxi Tue 28-Feb-17 23:32:54

Oh sorry just re-read and see his urine was clear (so to speak). Bloods should find the problem, they can look for markers of infection. Try not to worry.

shewolfmum Tue 28-Feb-17 23:49:26

How worrying for you. My advice would be to see a homeopath ... depends whay your views are. I also recommend liposomal vit c for jnfections so it may be worth getting some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now