Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Men B vac...what should I expect?

(7 Posts)
ThreesMyMagicNumber Mon 27-Feb-17 18:26:59

Hi,

DD has had men b vaccination today. Would anyone like to reassure me that she won't get a fever and it will be fine!!

Thank you smile

EggsEleven Mon 27-Feb-17 18:29:27

7 month old DD got hers at either 8 or 12 weeks (can't remember which) and she was fine.

Just keep an eye out for swelling or a red mark greater than the size of a 50p at the spot they injected.

gluteustothemaximus Mon 27-Feb-17 18:37:11

I gave calpol soon as jabs were done. He wasn't himself for a few days, but all ok. Lots of cuddles x

EggsEleven Mon 27-Feb-17 18:38:37

Yes, forgot to say I gave Calpol after. Think the nurse advised to give it 4 times over a 24hr period afterwards. They should hopefully have told you this though.

MontysTiredMummy Mon 27-Feb-17 18:40:31

Calpol is your friend. My friend's DS had a horrible reaction and we prepared for that (although he is now fine). We were advised to use Calpol even if he seemed fine and thankfully all was well. smile

DearTeddyRobinson Mon 27-Feb-17 19:34:40

My DS was unwell with a temp and general misery for a few days. Keep on top of the calpol and baby nurofen (if your DC is old enough for that). He had a worse reaction to the rotavirus vaccine tbh.
MMR on Friday, gah

ThreesMyMagicNumber Mon 27-Feb-17 19:58:00

Thanks, we gave calpol just before so hoping she'll be ok. Middle child has just been sick- didn't see that one coming! Could be a long night confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now