Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cough & Projectile Vomiting

(3 Posts)
SleepymrsE Sun 26-Feb-17 03:27:15

Four month old DD has had a cough for two weeks. She's been checked by the doctor on Friday, chest all clear - cough just being caused by snot. That's fine, however this weekend we're having trouble feeding her esp in an evening & at night. She's bottlefed usually taking a bottle at 10ish & then another anywhere between 2&4am. Tonight & last night has resulted in projectile vomiting all her milk up after a coughing fit post feed. We've tried nasal sprays, sitting up while feeding, smaller amounts of milk but it still ends with the vomiting. It's distressing for both her and me & her dad.

I've just managed to get her back to sleep after she brought up all her bottle just over an hour ago. She's asleep sat up on me. Will keep her like this until she's in a deep sleep.

Any other advice to try & prevent the projectile vomiting? It's been a long weekend already as two year old DS is also ill and running a fever of 40.

SleepymrsE Sun 26-Feb-17 12:57:06

Shameless bump.

user1486047610 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:19:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now