Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Normal reaction to pre school jab?

(7 Posts)
susannahmoodie Thu 23-Feb-17 14:23:01

Ds2 had his pre school jabs on Monday. Last night his right arm (where he had tetanus, polio and diphtheria one) came up hot and red. I drew around it and it has spread beyond the line a little today, although it is slightly less red and angry. He is hot and snotty and coughing although happy enough and both ds1 and dh have been unwell for the last couple of days too. I rang the docs this morning and they just said to monitor for 24 hours and that they didn't need to see him urgently.

susannahmoodie Thu 23-Feb-17 15:29:01

Bumping hopefully!

cestlavielife Thu 23-Feb-17 19:57:21

Try get him seen tomorrow so you not rushing around out of hours on the weekend. Looks nasty

Witchend Thu 23-Feb-17 20:09:08

I think that's within the normality, and I wouldn't worry if he doesn't seem to be particularly unwell.

I'd draw a line round it and check it's not spreading, but also remove the plaster as it could be an allergy to the plaster.

SingingSands Thu 23-Feb-17 20:14:40

I don't think that is normal, I've never seen a reaction like that before.

susannahmoodie Thu 23-Feb-17 20:15:07

You can see it has spread a little further than the line but that was this afternoon and it hadn't spread any more tonight. Also it is less red and hot to the touch.

Good point re plaster. Although he has a plaster on the MMR arm too and no redness.

Idefix Thu 23-Feb-17 20:23:45

The Dtap does cause more of reaction typically, it is always more stingy going in as well. I would give some ibuprofen if he is okay with it to help with the inflammation.

Hope ds is feeling better soon op.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now