Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Enlarged adenoids - any experience?

(8 Posts)
Inneedofaholiday2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:03:49

Does anyone have any experience of enlarged adenoids? If so can you tell me your lo's symptoms etc
Can they enlarged for a duration of an illness, cause problems then shrink back down afterwards? My lo has periodic symptoms only.

Inneedofaholiday2017 Tue 21-Feb-17 01:33:06

Reposting smile

shewolfmum Tue 21-Feb-17 23:04:31

Hello can be due to food sensitivities...most often gluten or dairy. Worth cutting one out for 2 weeks seeing if any difference.then tryimg other one?

Inneedofaholiday2017 Wed 22-Feb-17 00:06:17

Thanks. My lo gets symptoms only during/after a viral illness and weirdly only during sleep. I had wondered if dairy making it worse so will try cutting it out - she's under 1 so breastfed still mostly with increasing solids (no cows milk yet but yogurt and cheese). She had suspected sepsis as a young baby.

Inneedofaholiday2017 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:31:03

Reposting smile

tuffgingernut Sun 26-Feb-17 07:07:09

Hi.my DS had his removed as they were contributing to his hearing problem. Not much help but we had no idea that they were enlarged at all. He didn't even snore.

JennyOnAPlate Sun 26-Feb-17 07:11:59

My 8 year old had a nasal spray from the gp for enlarged adenoids. They can remain enlarged for a period following a cold/other infection. It's worth having a chat with your gp.

Please don't exclude dairy from a babies diet without seeking medical advice first.

Inneedofaholiday2017 Sun 26-Feb-17 07:40:50

Thanks both. Jenny was it otrivine spray?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now