Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cradle cap/dandruff

(6 Posts)
BoysRule Mon 20-Feb-17 19:54:25

DS 7 always had cradle cap as a baby which I managed with dentinox and combing. It's never really gone away and he still has bits of small scabs, flaky skin etc on his scalp. What can I use on this? Should I use an adult dandruff shampoo or a baby cradle cap - I can't really find one in between.

Thanks

yikesanotherbooboo Mon 20-Feb-17 19:58:04

Use oil of your choice to melt the scales then wash with whatever... if it's taking over you could ask chemist for nizoral ( not sure if suitable for children ) if it isn't show gp ...

wizardinthegarden Mon 20-Feb-17 21:23:49

Head and Shoulders. Rub it in while he is in the bath. Don't let it get in the eyes. I used it on my 2 year olds cradle cap after months of oils combing etc.
Problem solved in 2 go's . Never had to use it again.

Patchouli666 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:34:08

You'd be best taking him to the GP and getting a swab taken of the scalp area in a couple of places. Then you'll know whether it's bacterial, fungal or just build up.

ajandjjmum Mon 20-Feb-17 22:35:42

Smother his head in vaseline one night and it should all lift off in the morning. Makes a real mess of the bed linen though!

MrsWooster Mon 20-Feb-17 22:38:06

Rub olive oil in, leave for half an hour and comb the scales out. disgustingly satisfying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now