Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help/advice needed.

(7 Posts)
LadyFlumpalot Mon 20-Feb-17 11:22:56

DS is 6. On Tuesday last week he woke up with a very very sore throat, DH took him to the doctors who diagnosed a genetic throat infection and gave the usual rest/fluids/calpol advice.

He picked up on Thursday and then on Friday night he was violently sick. He was sick again on Saturday, yesterday and again just now.

He isn't ill in himself, no temperature, but an hour or so after he eats... it just bounces and quite violently.

He also hasn't had a bowel movement since Friday.

111 were a nightmare yesterday, sent us to the OOH which was locked up and in darkness, then called back to say he could be seen at two other places (over two hours drive from me) or we could wait til this morning and phone the GP. The first lady I spoke to seemed very concerned and said he needed seeing straight away. The second lady was unconcerned and said "ohhhh probably just a virus".

Phoned for a GP appointment and there are none to be had. Have a telephone triage booked in.

My poor boy is so tired and skinny looking this morning. Would it be entirely unreasonable of me to just bundle him up the doctors and sit in reception? I'm scared and I can't get anyone to give me consistent answers or seem to take it seriously. sad

LadyFlumpalot Mon 20-Feb-17 11:33:49

Anyone?

guineapig1 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:52:41

I would do exactly that and think its a perfectly reasonable course of action. If you are concerned they should offer you an emergency appointment, even if you have to sit it out and get seen at the end of morning surgery.

guineapig1 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:54:02

Chances are that telephone triage will want to see him anyway given the ongoing symptoms so i'd just take my phone with me.

WreckTangled Mon 20-Feb-17 12:04:03

I wouldn't. He will be far more comfortable at home than in a doctors surgery waiting room. You'll get the call back soon and can speak to a dr.

Re him not having a poo, I don't suppose that's unreasonable if he's been vomiting everything he eats.

I hope they call soon and you get some answers, if they haven't phoned by 2 I would phone back.

LadyFlumpalot Mon 20-Feb-17 12:29:10

Hi all, I'm at the doctors. The telephone appointment sent us up here. Already 20 mins late for appointment and advised we have another hours wait. sad

WreckTangled Mon 20-Feb-17 20:01:23

How is he now? Was it some kind of emergency clinic? At work the latest a dr runs is 90 minutes and that's so rare, usually only happens when someone has a heart attack or something. Sorry you were waiting so long sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now