Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Has anyone's child gone through spinal surgery? - looking for advice

(2 Posts)
suhaschatekar Sun 19-Feb-17 10:37:34

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this group.

My daughter is recently diagnosed with scoliosis. She is 21 months old. Doctors have said that she needs to go through a spinal surgery in order to stop further curvature in her spine.

I have a lot of questions that I wanted to get answers to. I am meeting the doctor next month to get answers. I also wanted to connect with other parents whose child may have gone through such surgery. I believe I can get a lot of practical advice from these parents about post-surgery activities and pain management or any general advice really.

Is there anyone here who has such experience. Or advice where I have a chance to meet such parents?

Witchend Sun 19-Feb-17 13:56:51

Not that age group, but a friend's daughter has just had that done in her teens.
The difference in her is remarkable. She looks happier, healthier and in all ways so much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now