Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Don't know what to do?

(8 Posts)
BeauKaiAlexMummy Sat 18-Feb-17 22:33:33

My 4 year old ds is in agony. He has had a bug for a about 6 days now, he's just got a temperature but has been on the up. Then about half an hour ago he went really pale and rushed for the loo. He had bad diarrhoea. Then was lying on the sofa with me, and suddenly shouted at me for being too close, made me turn off tv and just not talk. I get like this when I'm in pain, don't like people being near me so I know he's not being a brat. He started sobbing uncontrollably, walked to go to the toilet and has he did projectile vomited all over the floor. All his food came up and then he was happy again, told me it felt like his stomach was burning. He also said when the sick came up it was burning his nose and throat. He keeps having phases of being in pain, and is gagging but no sick is coming up. Do I go to hospital? Any idea what this is?.

Snugglepalace Sat 18-Feb-17 22:37:28

Oh you poor things. I'd ring NHS 111 and get their advice flowers

Snugglepalace Sat 18-Feb-17 22:38:46

BTW there was an article in my local paper yesterday that a very violent v&d bug is about sad

Inneedofaholiday2017 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:39:51

Ring 111

Cindy34 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:42:22

Stomach acid coming up the throat will burn, so try having them sip water.

If they bring water back up, or if they get any worse then call 111.

Skatingonthinice16 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:58:06

Where do you live snuggle? So I can not go there...

Op I would give tiny amounts of water every fifteen minutes and see if it stays down. Apple juice is meant to be excellent. If he seems dehydrated call 111.

measles64 Sat 18-Feb-17 23:07:18

My Doctor says when they appear better still do not give them meals until 24 hours after the last poop vomiting episode otherwise you feed the bug and the cycle starts again. I would phone 111 for advice.

BeauKaiAlexMummy Sat 18-Feb-17 23:22:38

Thank you all!. I haven't heard about this bug, but am hoping he gets over it soon. I'm guessing stomach acid is what he was feeling too but needed confirmation. Will call 111 and let you all know what happening. Thanks again!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now