Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Coughs, colds and general viruses

(6 Posts)
Herculesupatree Fri 17-Feb-17 23:09:03

So DS has been ill with one thing or another since October. He's had a cough since the new year which he had antibiotics for but they didn't completely fix it. Doctors said they don't need to see him again about that. He sometimes gets a fever for a day, calpol makes him better and then it's gone. We've had sickness bugs and hand foot and mouth.

I know he'sbuilding his immune system up but when will this all end? It's our first winter and it seems to have gone on forever!! Please someone tell me the bugs will go away once spring arrives?!

mainlywingingit Fri 17-Feb-17 23:52:48

Very normal. Their first winter is brutal. The second one is about 60% better- we are on the second one and I can't wait for Spring!!!

Passthecake30 Fri 17-Feb-17 23:55:24

It lasts until they are about 6 I'm afraid....

Herculesupatree Sat 18-Feb-17 09:08:37

It is just winters till 6?! Am I going to get summers off? It's crazy!!

sleepy16 Sat 18-Feb-17 12:27:17

Wait until they start nursery, I found mine got everything then.
But it does depend on the child, my girls seem to rarely get Ill.
My boys seem to become poorly more often.
My eldest whom is 16 is and was the worse, but he had brittle asthma as a young child.
Still has it but not as bad.

browneyedgirl23 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:28:40

My LG is 2.5 and started preschool in September - she has literally been ill every week with one thing or another. She has a temp near enough once a week (sometimes more) and I've taken her to the doctors numerous times and all comes back to 'she's got a virus'!!
I know how frustrated you must be, I feel exactly the same. The doc did say to me as soon as it becomes warmer there aren't as many nasty's about and that should help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now