Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Says he need to wee but nothing comes out

(6 Posts)
yummycake123 Thu 16-Feb-17 13:03:39

DS (4) has been doing wees really frequently. Started last Wednesday. Monday we took him to the Dr and they asked us for a wee sample. We gave the sample on Tuesday- they did some checks for UTIs and Diabetes (dipping a stick in the wee). All clear.
They sent out the wee sample for more tests. Today we got a text saying tests are good/clear.
But he is still saying he needs to wee, and nothing comes out. Or sometimes only a tiny drop comes out.
He has no fever, no pains; he only complains "something is coming from my willy!" confused
Dr said if his symptoms continue to take him back. I was wondering if someone's DS has had similar symptoms??

beautifulgirls Thu 16-Feb-17 15:46:08

Please call the GP and get him seen again. Clearly there is something that they need to give him some help with.

Natsku Thu 16-Feb-17 15:53:34

Take him back, there might not have been enough bacteria before to register on the tests but probably there is now, or then there's another issue.

IwillrunIwillfly Fri 17-Feb-17 12:45:31

Could he be constipated? Sometimes if they are the poo blockage can press on the bladder and either make them feel like they need to go when they dont, or block the tube that lets wee out. Make sure hes drinking lots so that his bladder fills up. Is he passing good amounts of urine sometimes but only drips other times or is he struggling to wee at all?

Monkeyinshoes Sat 18-Feb-17 01:28:52

Could be balanitis. My DS had it at that age, dipstick for UTI and diabetes were clear, didn't find it painful, just redness underneath foreskin and he kept feeling like he needed a wee. Antibiotic cream for a few days sorted it out.

yummycake123 Sat 18-Feb-17 16:48:04

Thanks. Will take him back on Monday. He's also pooing a lot...maybe it's related?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now