Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

When is sick not a bug?

(7 Posts)
callmedizzy Tue 14-Feb-17 07:37:08

Since November my son has been sick 5 times on 5 different occasions , every time it's in the morning, it only lasts for an hour to hour and a half and it's only the yellow stuff there is no food (sorry) afterwards he is absolutely fine! He doesn't complain of any tummy pain (apart from the normal straining pains) he does look pale after and no one else gets it, time for the dr or just unfortunate luck?

Inneedofaholiday2017 Tue 14-Feb-17 09:04:31

I sometimes get sick if I have a lot of mucus in my throat built up from the night?
Or poss if he dehydrated or low on blood sugar? Does it get better after he's eaten?

callmedizzy Tue 14-Feb-17 09:28:08

He eats well, had macaroni cheese last night, he doesn't have a cold or any other symptoms but the sickness is severe, he is sick every 5-10 mins lots of yellow stuff, the only thing I can think of is he said he felt funny yesterday like something was bothering him he had a cry and a cuddle seemed OK after an hour or so. He doesn't eat until after he has finished being sick then he gets his appetite b ack quickly - thank you x

shazkiwi Tue 14-Feb-17 22:53:00

Off the top of my head... does he get constipated? that makes some children feel nausea.
It could be reflux - my dd suffers reflux & sometimes first thing in the morning she feels queasy until she eats or has her medicine. Does it occur around the time of another illness even something like a mild cold? If so it could be swollen lymph nodes in the stomach. (Mesenteric Adenitis ). It is triggered when the body is fighting an infection of some kind. It's not serious, but uncomfortable and causes pain & nausea in children. I think on balance 5 times over 4 months I would visit the GP especially as each time was a "one off" so unlikely to be norovirus or similar.

PJ67 Wed 15-Feb-17 23:48:55

My do had cyclical vomiting syndrome and at first he was sick every two weeks for about 6 months. It was always the same time, early morning and he would be sick for around 3 hours then be fine again. It's happened on and off over the years but he seems to be growing out of it now.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 15-Feb-17 23:52:12

My son gets migraine and vomits, when he was younger he would sometimes vomit if over excited. Worth keeping a note in your diary of theb times your son is sick and taking this with you to GP. Always worth getting checked out.

callmedizzy Thu 16-Feb-17 12:07:37

Hi there, thank you for your replies, I don't think it is reflux, he is not constipated, he is 7 he eats well with a good diet, he is happy at school and Home there are no changes in our household, however I don't know if there is a link but he does have Jxg and lichen nitidus which have formed over the last year, we have had allergy testing recently and he is allergic to animals and weed pollen, he has asthma which is controlled with seri tide and salbutamol inhalers daily, he occasionally complains of fleeting headaches but none that last longer than a minute or two, we are under a derm who we next see in March and the dr has referred us to paediatric team for the sickness, she suggested keeping a food diary when it happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now