Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Weird bumps on face

(11 Posts)
bitofabelly Fri 10-Feb-17 19:34:17

My 7 year old boy is 7 and has had these bumps on side of cheek/cheekbone for the last month...any idea what it is...white bumps

Witchend Fri 10-Feb-17 19:37:16

Ds has those all the time. I think it's a form of excema.

Patsy99 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:39:12

Do they have little heads on? Might be molluscum contagiosum - caused by a virus but goes away on its own after a few months.

Patsy99 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:40:50

Actually his skin does look a bit inflamed & flakey so maybe eczema.

bitofabelly Fri 10-Feb-17 19:57:29

Wow, Frankfurt for fast replies... he actually has lovely skin apart from 2 broken capillary slots and these weird spots. Virus sounds very likely. Maybe a little dry skin...but it appeared quite suddenly and hasn't gone away. Any treatments?

bitofabelly Fri 10-Feb-17 20:04:05

Another angle

Patsy99 Fri 10-Feb-17 21:50:09

Sorry - wasn't meaning to insult your DS's skin. It just looked a bit pink/dry in the picture.

No clue about eczema sorry. We've had molluscum (and just had to wait until it went away) but from what you say it doesn't sound like that.

bitofabelly Sat 11-Feb-17 10:02:51

Whoops didn't take it in that way at all...really appreciate you taking time to respond x

Patsy99 Sat 11-Feb-17 10:14:52

smile

Tryingtobenormalnow Sat 11-Feb-17 10:21:09

Ds's face is a bit like this when the weather is cold. He also gets a bit of eczema around his mouth. I took him to the nurse practitioner & she prescribed a vat of cetraben moisturiser, it does the trick :-)
DD had molluscum under her chin, which didn't look like this, more like clear hard shell spots. It took about 18 months to clear up!

Olympiathequeen Sat 11-Feb-17 12:58:43

I wonder if it is keratosis pilaris?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now