Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

The very Real Dangers of School Wi-Fi to yor Children.

(159 Posts)
FriedSheep Fri 10-Feb-17 00:03:43

Since the proliferation of Wi-Fi in 2006, I have developed a severe form of real physical electro-sensitivity diagnosed by the NHS. However, the NHS does not fund treatment for this condition. You can see a photograph of the inflammatory effects of electro-sensitivity upon me in my profile.

Leading scientific experts in electro-sensitivity such as Dr Barrie Trower, Prof Olle Johansson and Dr Andrew Goldsworthy have warned the public of the health hazards to the population, in particular of the hazards to children, posed by wireless and microwave radiation.

Wireless radiation and microwaves are not only identified as a class 2b carcinogen but these forms of radiation are linked to numerous diseases. Research has found that foetuses exposed to radiation from mobile phones in the womb are born with less brain cells than foetuses who are not exposed to this radiation.

In addition to this, both Dr Trower and Prof Johansson have warned that these forms of radiation are linked to infertility and that children exposed to it now will sustain injuries to their ovaries and testicles which will raise the incident of birth deformities in their children and their children's children.

The International Commission for Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection has stated that certain groups of the population such as the elderly, those with chronic health conditions and children may well be sensitive to wireless and microwave radiation. Therefore, it is the legal responsibility of individuals such as head teachers to set wireless radiation in schools at a level below what is accepted as safe. How many head teachers have done this?

In addition to this, the ICNIRP states that if any child in a school sustains an injury, such as damage to her ovaries, from wireless radiation then it is the head teacher who is culpable in law for this and not the communication industry. This is because the ICNIRP warned of the dangers of wireless and microwave radiation to children.

This is also why insurance companies are now refusing to insure clients in the event of prosecution for injuries caused by wireless and microwave radiation. Still skeptical? Then ask Apple and facebook why they have offered to freeze the eggs of their female employees? Are they anticipating lawsuits?

PurpleDaisies Fri 10-Feb-17 00:10:08

This is utter nonsense. There is no scientific evidence backing up your claims.

CrimsonPermanentAssurance Fri 10-Feb-17 00:15:49

I work in this type of insurance. We sometimes don't cover law suits due to EMF exposure that's true. But this is not because we have special secret knowledge. We don't know anything special, but we are capable of reading the Internet and we know that a) there are a lot of lawyers prepared to have a go at litigation on this subject on a "no win no fee" basis and b) if we give cover then we have to shell out defence costs for all lawsuits however groundless and tie up our claims teams for years at a time.

caroldecker Fri 10-Feb-17 00:34:40

Apple and facebook offer egg freezing in order to retain women in employment, not due to radiation worries.
Did you realize the International Group Against Cancer disagrees with you and sees no issues?
Also the Group of Countries Against Early Death also support their stance?

lolalament Fri 10-Feb-17 00:37:26

That's a load of rubbish

CatThiefKeith Fri 10-Feb-17 00:41:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Witchend Fri 10-Feb-17 13:02:53

MephistophelesApprentice Fri 10-Feb-17 13:05:26

PleasantPhesant Fri 10-Feb-17 13:05:52

You used the internet to start the thread hmmgrin

AQuietMind Fri 10-Feb-17 13:07:47

Pleasant grin

FinnMcCool Fri 10-Feb-17 13:08:59

PleasantPhesant Fri 10-Feb-17 13:10:36

I am doubling my dose of 2b carcinogen as I have a coffee while mumsnetting <wonders if you can double dose hmm>

JassyRadlett Fri 10-Feb-17 13:20:39

Also 2b: aloe vera, pickled vegetables and carpentry.

TwatteryFlowers Fri 10-Feb-17 13:43:35

I may be completely wrong but isn't progesterone a carcinogen and oestrogen a growth enhancer? If that's true then OMG being a woman could cause cancer shockshockshockwink

JennyOnAPlate Fri 10-Feb-17 13:47:11

Utter crap

brooklyn66 Fri 10-Feb-17 13:48:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

strawberrypenguin Fri 10-Feb-17 13:52:31

NarkyMcDinkyChops Fri 10-Feb-17 13:54:10

Since the proliferation of Wi-Fi in 2006, I have developed a severe form of real physical electro-sensitivity diagnosed by the NHS

I very much doubt this is true.

MistressMerryWeather Fri 10-Feb-17 13:57:47

Let's start a petition to get enforce these as standard school uniforms.

MistressMerryWeather Fri 10-Feb-17 13:58:38

That post made no sense.

Wifi is messing with my brainwaves. sad

PleasantPhesant Fri 10-Feb-17 14:23:18

I'm petitioning that mistress. They should definitely be the school uniforms. And as an added bonus-I bet you don't wash them-they'd be wipe clean?

I'm up for that

NerrSnerr Fri 10-Feb-17 14:38:18

Who said what now?

MistressMerryWeather Fri 10-Feb-17 14:52:13

We could just line the kids out the back and hose them off every evening, Pleasant.

PickAChew Fri 10-Feb-17 14:59:24

I prefer to plug my children in directly. Much safer.

Notsleepingeveragain Fri 10-Feb-17 14:59:40

Why are we only targeting schools and headteachers? Should we not also look at supermarkets, swimming pools or anywhere which has children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now