Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pea sized abdominal lump

(4 Posts)
grinchyxmcgrinch Sun 05-Feb-17 20:45:54

Hi, to avoid drop feeding full history-

DC aged 2 has suffered from horrendous constipation since about 6months. Constantly on movicol which keeps it under control. Had low sodium levels at birth but other than that completely healthy.

Was admitted to hospital before xmas as become constipated again and threw up faeces.

Today when a thing DC DH noticed small half pea sized lump on right (when looking at dc) of abdomen. Feels hard and doesn't appear to cause pain.

Will obviously take dc to doctor tomorrow but at the moment I'm going out of my mind with worry over what it could be.

Has anybody else's DC ever had anything similar?

grinchyxmcgrinch Mon 06-Feb-17 19:08:27

Can't get an appointment until next week. If anybody has anything that could put my mind at rest I would hugely appreciate it.

Snifftest Mon 06-Feb-17 19:29:38

Has he pooped or passed wind since you noticed the lump? Is he in pain?

CheeseFlavouredDiscs Mon 06-Feb-17 19:36:53

Where do you mean by abdomen? Above or below belly button? How far above/below?

What colour is it? Normal skin colour? Reddened? Does it feel warmer or cooler than the rest of the abdomen? Any other notable features?

Could be a hernia? They are very common, and wouldn't be surprising given the history of constipation. Either way needs checking. If you see any sudden changes or your DC experiences new pain in the area, then call GP for a same day appointment. Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem to wait a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now