Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Looking for those super "My grandma's miracle tips" for a chapped face...

(9 Posts)
skincarejunkie Fri 03-Feb-17 16:28:53

I'm all over my own skincare - I own more collagen creams and serums than QVC Beauty day but I'm not very knowledgeable on children's skin.
My 4 year old has had a cold and, as a typical filthy boy, has spent the last week smearing snot all over his face. I've been gently washing him with a gentle facecloth and warm water when he gets home from school, before school and at bedtime and I'm using a bit of Vaseline but he's still looking red and sore and a bit flea bitten.Ordinary rich moisturisers will sting like nothing else. It must be really uncomfortable for him. Are there any old-fashioned wonder cures for this that are better than Vaseline? Thank you

CrazyCatLaydee123 Fri 03-Feb-17 16:34:44

Bepanthem (sp?). It's a nappy rash ointment. My LO keeps licking and then rubbing below his bottom lip, and then locking it because it's sore, and then rubbing it because it's wet... bepanthem is slowly working!

noblegiraffe Fri 03-Feb-17 16:35:48

My DD used to lick her fingers and rub her face so got chapped cheeks. The doc prescribed Epaderm ointment (which you can also buy) which was a lot thicker than Vaseline which cleared it up nicely.

SolomanDaisy Fri 03-Feb-17 16:40:24

I tried lanolin on my DS, as I had some lying around, and it cleared most of it over night!

skincarejunkie Fri 03-Feb-17 16:58:30

Thank you!

FannyWisdom Fri 03-Feb-17 17:00:07

Got any 8hr arden?
Valeting intensive care lotion?

FannyWisdom Fri 03-Feb-17 17:00:45

Vaseline. Not valeting.

ShyTallSun Fri 03-Feb-17 17:05:39

My 4yr old DS does that too. Utterly gross. We used some Weleda baby face cream on him and it worked a treat. Out of interest....just a boy thing or do little girls smear snot across their faces too?

skincarejunkie Fri 03-Feb-17 20:11:18

Shy It's horrible! My 6 year old boy wouldn't dream of it. He's clean and neat. Little one is feral smile. I am told girls don't fo it. Bleurgh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now