Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Reduced wet nappies

(6 Posts)
LONC2012 Thu 02-Feb-17 17:29:36

Hi all,

My 18month old son started with a slight fever today when I picked him up from his childminder. She said he had a point where he was very upset and then he cuddled in and sat with her till I arrived 2.

I gave him some ibruprofen and his temp came down however I haven't changed his nappy till now (5:30) from when I picked him up at 2 and it has a small wee in it that stinks and that's it. Usually if I had of left it that long it would be hanging off. He has been drinking and eating, a little off his food but nothing unusual.

Should I just leave it for a bit longer or get some advice?

Thanks smile

Roastie1986 Thu 02-Feb-17 21:49:24

I would keep and eye and keep pushing the fluids onto him more than ever. If u feel concerned tho it wouldn't hurt to call 111 I always use them for advice xx

LONC2012 Thu 02-Feb-17 21:58:28

Thank you - he is fast asleep now but temp has gone up a little bit to 38. Just gonna keep an eye on him, will tell in the morn if he has a heavy nappy or not as he usually soaks through his clothes!

Just hate it when they are poorly I feel so helpless and I turn into a worrying wreck haha xx

Roastie1986 Mon 06-Feb-17 21:49:22

How is everything? Xx

BumpGoesBumpety Mon 06-Feb-17 21:58:22

I was once told as long as they are taking fluid that's the main thing. My son never used to feel sweaty but whenever he was poorly just hit, but he'd never be wet through, the hospital said that he must be sweating it out because he had a sufficient intake.

LONC2012 Tue 07-Feb-17 05:08:52

He ended up with a sickness and diarrhoea bug! He is much better now but so off his food it's a nightmare to get him to eat a meal rather then a snack!
My 4yo now has the bug - hoping it misses me out!

It's 5am and we have all been up since 4:30 so tired! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now