Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

conjunctivitis what do i do

(3 Posts)
roseteapot101 Tue 31-Jan-17 07:57:50

my daughter has woken up with red sticky eyes last time she had this it was not a school day so not a problem.But shes infectious and will need eye drops every 2hrs for first 48hrs. Problem is i cant get hold of the eye drops till my other half gets home later.

I understand its infectious but do i send her to school, i understand schools are not so willing to give time off sick anymore.Shes not sickly just infectious .They have been understanding before but thats for tummy upsets which i know you cant send them to school.

what do i do ?

TwatteryFlowers Tue 31-Jan-17 08:03:03

Personally I'd keep her home. Ultimately it's an infectious disease that can spread and cause issues for others who might catch it. She'll also feel rubbish - big, heavy eyes that can't open properly make you feel really tired and out of it.

roseteapot101 Tue 31-Jan-17 08:43:26

her school says there is nothing saying she cant go to school so i have to send her no wonder this stuff spreads so fast

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now