Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD, 9, vomiting 2 wks- no diarrhoea. Help!

(9 Posts)
Trumpdespiser Sat 28-Jan-17 11:58:19

We went to Sri Lanka at Christmas where dd9 appeared to get some bug that made her vomit after food. It lasted a few days, we gave her small portions of plain food and it cleared up. Since we got back, however, it's returned sporadically and for the past 10 days she's been vomiting after all food and sometimes in between meals too.

There's no diarrhoea and apart from being hungry and fed up she's in good health

I've taken her 3 times to the GP, who says just wait it out but obviously we're all very worried. Any suggestions as to what we could do/what it might be? Thank you

anotherdayanothersquabble Sat 28-Jan-17 12:04:16

Does the GP know she caught this in Sri Lanka?

I would suggest some stool analysis is required to identify what is causing this. Contact the center for tropical diseases and ask them for advice.

Trumpdespiser Sat 28-Jan-17 12:14:45

GP does know

A stool sample has been sent off but we don't get the results for 2 weeks, plus they say as there's no diarrhoea it's likely to be inconclusive

Trumpdespiser Sat 28-Jan-17 12:17:21

You can't ring the Centre for Tropical Diseases and advice on their website is very unclear as to whether we can walk in or need to be referred sad

anotherdayanothersquabble Sat 28-Jan-17 12:55:13

In the meantime, cut out sugar which feeds bacteria, grains which are harsh in an already stressed stomach, and dairy except hard cheese and kefir. I would try activated charcoal to clear whatever is in her stomach.

Then add in lots of greens, carrot juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, a mixture of oils to get a range of essential tial fatty acids, avocados and coconut oil which will.help heal and rebalance.

Also take a probiotic like Bio-Kult, three a day until the vomiting stops then one a day for a month.

anotherdayanothersquabble Sat 28-Jan-17 12:56:20

Sorry about duff advice re centre for tropical diseases.

Trumpdespiser Sat 28-Jan-17 14:30:42

No worries, thank you - now am giving her oat cakes with avocado on, so far she's kept it down - tiny amounts at a time.

GoodStuffAnnie Sun 29-Jan-17 20:17:49

What are you feeding her? I would go down to very plain diet. Rice crispies, toast, plain biscuit, tiny bit of butter. Sips of water. and yes to apple cider vinegar. Put a bit in a pint of water.

Trumpdespiser Mon 30-Jan-17 09:44:59

I'm feeding her more or less what you suggest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now