Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Do you let them nap when poorly?

(6 Posts)
Dizzywizz Fri 27-Jan-17 12:37:16

Ds2 (2) woke a few times in the night crying 'ow ow' and this morning was up at 4. He indicated his head and face were hurting (sinus pain?). Gave him calpol. Has had cold last 2 days but that seems a lot better today.

We took ds1 to school and then went for a short walk and he seemed ok, but then crying when back in car. Fell asleep at 9.30 and still asleep now!

Do I let him sleep? I want him to feel better, but also want him to sleep at night tonight! Any advice?

MapMyMum Fri 27-Jan-17 12:40:59

Id let him sleep, then if hes well enough do an activity this afternoon that will help him be sleepy later, nothing too physical if he's rough but something that will engage his brain and maybe a short walk if he's not too poorly and not too cold

NuffSaidSam Fri 27-Jan-17 13:58:26

I would let him nap. Fresh air and exercise later will help him sleep tonight.

EpoxyResin Fri 27-Jan-17 14:00:34

Let him sleep, definitely. Does he have all his teeth?

coffeetasteslikeshit Fri 27-Jan-17 14:06:18

I'd let him sleep, it's the best thing when ill imo.

Dizzywizz Fri 27-Jan-17 14:23:53

Thanks everyone. I did get him up about 1 in the end, to have a drink and hE's had a little bit of lunch. Watching tv now (still says he's eating his lunch, when I try and clear it up!) but will do something this afternoon then go and gets ds1 when he finishes school. I'm not used to one being sleepy when poorly, normally they are just clingy so I wasn't sure of the best thing to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now