Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Why does my DS1 suddenly seem to get every bug going round!

(5 Posts)
lozzylizzy Mon 23-Jan-17 13:49:01

Today is the sixth occasion DS1 (8) has been off school with illness. He woke yesterday morning with a headache and temperature. He spent most of the day lying down and then last night spent most of the night waking having hallucinations and sweating profusely. Today he is weak and dizzy so no school but no temperature so I thought it would be a waste of GPs time and DS's energy to get a drs appointment.

He is active, eats well and takes multivitamins every day. He is on the small slender side and being ill thus not eating as much does seem to bring him down for a few days afterwards.

He has always got one or two 'sick days' a year but it just seems like he picking up everything since he started in Y4.

Any advice? Thoughts?

Sarahrellyboo1987 Mon 23-Jan-17 19:39:16

Definitely not a waste of GP's time. Take him ASAP. It could just be that his immune system is a bit run down but it could be something quite serious.

Twopeapods Thu 26-Jan-17 11:28:15

How is your son now? When I read that he had a headache and was sweating I thought infection. I know it's late but yes I think GP. Hope he is feeling better now anyway.

iamamazing Thu 26-Jan-17 11:31:49

Nothing helpful to add but that's my 9 yr old DS you've described. Lots of blood tests have been done and have shown nothing, he's currently in school with a high temperature. He's mossed so much school these last few months because of it it's ridiculous but whatever it is he just can't seem to shake it.

lozzylizzy Thu 26-Jan-17 12:56:17

He is fine now I think he had an infection but he mustve dealt with it during sunday night/monday morning. I am wondering with your DS who is 9 iamamazing whether they go through some sort of big growth spurt/development leap and it leaves them run down and open to illnesses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now